I got the bike from
the original owner. It has just over 3000 original miles on the
clock. The bike sat for a good 30 years. 100 percent mechanical
restoration. Genuine Andover Norton Spares throughout.
Crank out rebuild.
- new rod bearings just because I was in there weren't needed.
- Cylinder was honed
- New standard piston rings
- Lightly polished camshaft and rockers (all in excellent condition)
Head was totally gone through and rebuilt. Seats lightly cut and
lapped one valve was replaced. New springs and bronze guides.
- All new seals/gaskets
- All new oil lines proper herringbone from Andover. (except the breather I reused)
- Stainless rocker shaft end caps and screws
- Lightweight aluminum exhaust collar nuts with special well made tool to remove and install them.
- All covers polished
- Carbs fully rebuilt and tuned.
- New 4 brush high output modern starter (smaller and lighter than original)
I also rebuilt the original prestolite starter and have a spare set of
brushes because I'm crazy. It's been bench tested and works great.
- New sprag clutch
- Anti-backfire mechanism set/tested
- I have not tested the starter system yet as I've wanted engine to run in a bit so just been kicking it.
- rest of primary was just disassembled and cleaned. It was all in excellent condition.
- Polished cover.
- Both calipers polished and fully rebuilt with stainless pistons and (polished) plugs.
- Stainless rear master cylinder
- All new brake lines front and back
- Rebuilt front master cylinder
- Restored rotors
- New wheel bearings
- New Dunlops correct 4.10 x 19 both front and rear.
- Wheel and disc true as could be with dial indicator
All black parts around masters were blasted and repainted as part of
rebuilding with high temp chemical resistant paint for braking systems.
Front forks rebuilt. Lowers polished. New Stanchions all new
bushings, seals, sealing washers etc. New andover fork gaiters.
- Rear shocks are new. Emgo reproduction.
- Isolastics all good
Frame paint is all original and shines great. It was power buffed with
a power drill and a bunch of buff attachments. Still has original
decals for oil etc.
I did not do anything to the gearbox internally. With such low mileage
and based on the state of everything else I saw. I drained it down and
did a fluid service.
- Also ended up pulling the outer cover off to sort a few things out and did new gaskets and polished the cover at that time.
- New cloth bound wiring harness
- New assimilator
- New motobatt battery ( with charging pigtail wired in a nice hidden accessible spot since it's a pain to get to battery.)
- handlebar switches all cleaned and rebuilt / restored.
- New regulator/rectifier podtronix unit with capacitor.
- New plug wires
- Paint is all original john player scheme
Tank was lined professionally by me and when I do this it takes a full
entire weekend I do not cut corners. Lifetime. I only do this for
myself. Proven success.
- New lucas headlight bucket and fork ears.
Left side panel was missing when I got the bike and it's from a 74
model but it's an original hand painted cover to match the rest of the
original hand painted stripes.
- Gauges were restored/repainted to match h bar switches
- triples blasted and repainted
- handlebars are Norton P11 bars
- exhaust pipes are commando "S" pipes.